Works for Me: Tie Organization

When my husband brought me home to our apartment, which had been his bachelor pad for several months, his ties were a mess. It wasn't his fault - he just didn't know what to do with them. And neither did I - for about 10 months! He insisted that tie hangers didn't work - the ties fell off, or you couldn't see which one you wanted. His ties were just thrown over a hanger so that whenever the hanger was bumped, the ties all slid off. I tried a fuzzy hanger so that the ties wouldn't slip so easily. It was only slightly better.

I looked at many tie organization racks at different stores. I would come home and announce, "I want you to look at this tie hanger. I think it will work." It was to no avail - none of them were good enough.

I saw this tie organizer at Target for about $7 (I think). I don't know what possessed me, but I bought it and took it home. It worked! It is screwed into the wall, so it is stationery and the ties don't get bumped. Each little "finger" has a rubber coating to keep the ties in place. It is organized so that Ben can see each tie and easily find the one he wants. (If your someone has an extraordinary amount of ties, you may need more than one, or have to double up the ties on each "finger").


We just hung it in the back of our closet above the laundry basket. It works for me! Check out Rocks in My Dryer for more great Works for Me tips!

Comments