I Made Money at Walgreens!

I have been trying to "play the drugstore game" for the last several weeks. I hear that CVS is the best, but the closest CVS is in Elizabeth City, NC. So, I only have Walgreens with which to work. I'm learning as I go along, but the first week (a week in which I needed a lot of items) I spent $35.51 - but it was for $70.62 worth of items. I purchased a lot of paper products, soda for Thanksgiving, and sale items. I also received several register rewards which I have been trying to use in the cheapest, most frugal and productive fashion.

The second time I went to Walgreens I got a lot of good stuff. I spent $15.73 for $39.33 worth of product. I purchased Kleenexes, toothbrushes, dish soap, candles, gift boxes, ziplocs, and cotton balls, Maybelline blush, and Scotch tape.

This week I went in solely to make money. I purchased $25 and change in items, but I only paid $4.60 out of pocket. At the end of the transaction I received a coupon for $5 off my next purchase. Essentially, I made money at Walgreens!

The items I purchased were two 10-packs of Wal-Itin (Walgreens brand Claritin for Allergies, 99 cents each), 3 packages of white tissue paper (24 sheets each, 19 cents each), 1 bottle of Germ-X hand sanitizer for Ben to keep in his work truck ($4), 2 packs of Angel Soft toilet paper (4 rolls, $1.29 each), and a Sunday newspaper for more great coupons.

For more details on the Walgreens program, visit Money Saving Mom or Be A Blessing. They have great tutorials. The weekly Walgreens deals, along with money-saving or money-making scenarios are posted at Centsible Savings.

Comments