Works for Me: Emergen-C

It's Wednesday again! With winter right around the corner, and germs floating everywhere, today I would like to share my cold-prevention remedy. It's called Emergen-C. It is a little packet of 1,000 mg of Vitamin C as 7 mineral ascorbates. It contains 32 different mineral complexes and B vitamins. You just dissolve the fizzy packet in water and drink it. And the best part is...it doesn't taste yucky! It dissolves very well (not lumpy or gloppy), and comes in several flavors that taste similar to Kool-Aid.

Emergen-C is a super energy booster. You can take 2-4 packets per day as a dietary supplement. It is available in a box of 36 packets for $8.86 at Wal-Mart in the vitamin department. It is distributed by the Alacer Corp. of Foothill Ranch, CA.

My mom introduced my brother and me to Emergen-C in college when we kept catching the common cold. I would take the packet to lunch in the cafeteria and drink it with my meal. It really boosts your immune system and helps to keep you from getting sick. I shared it with my friends, and it became known to us as "Airborne on steroids" because I think it is a superior product. I don't drink it daily anymore (now that I am out of the dorms), but when I sense that I am getting sick, or I feel my throat start to tighten up, I start taking Emergen-C. Yesterday I had three packets, and today I am feeling much better.

Some of the supplements in Emergen-C are vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, B6, folic acid, B12, pantothenic acid, calcium, phospohorus, magnesium, zinc, manganese, chromium, sodium, and potassium. Get yours today!



This is what the box looks like - the Pink Lemonade flavor was a special for Breast Cancer Awareness month, and I picked this box up for 50% off at the grocery store because it was a limited edition.

Be sure to check out more great WFMW tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

Comments

  1. working in a health care setting with 2 little ones, I also use emergen-c. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard it recommended somewhere else, and it was convincing enough to buy a box, but I've only taken it once or twice. I'll have to pull it out next time I get that telltale scratchy throat.

    I have the pink lemonade flavor, too. It's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.