2020 Favorites

I have a few new favorite things to share with you!

PRODUCTS

:: Mama's Refill Bible Study Membership
I know I have shared Busy Mama Bible Studies/Mama's Refill with you before.  It remains my top recommendation for Bible Study and quiet time!  I have started using some of the principles and lessons to do Bible class with my older kids during school.  Looking for repeated words, marking certain words, taking the big picture apart into pieces and putting it together again - these all help with the learning, memorization, and application of Scripture!  Right now, you can get Mama's Refill membership at 20% off with the code SPRING2020.  This is the best purchase you can make this year!  

::Lilla Rose Swerve
I have long been a fan of Lilla Rose flex-clips.  They are comfortable and secure, and don't rip your hair out, unlike elastics and claw clips.  Recently I tried one of their new products called a Swerve.  It's a contoured pin that securely holds buns and other up-dos.  I am surprised at how much I love this product because I never wear buns!  I also have fine hair which often slips out of hair sticks and pins, but the Swerve stays put all day long!  To try yours, click here or contact me.  I can offer you a special deal!

::Monat Night Haven Overnight Control Cream
I love Monat hair care products and last fall they released skin care products!  I don't use all of them, but I love that they are naturally based products!  My favorite is the Night Haven moisturizer.  I use it at night after I cleanse my skin.  It is so moisturizing and smells heavenly! It lasts a very long time, so the price isn't quite as scary as at first glance.  

:: Wondershare Video software.  I can't remember how much we paid, but it is very user friendly, while packing a lot of options for video editing.  I'm not anywhere close to a pro, but I have been pleased with what I could create for our church using Wondershare.

FOOD

We've dabbled with a lot of new foods in the last several months, mostly because we receive them in a food donation box.  I usually just google the item to learn how to cook it.  They are probably not new to you, but I am a new big fan of several items:
  • Spaghetti squash.  Perfect in casseroles in place of noodles, or just as a side with butter and salt and pepper.  It's amazing to me how it comes out just like noodles!  
  • Brussels Sprouts.  I love this oven roasted with balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese.
  • Butternut Squash.  I used to make a soup out of this but now I love it just roasted in the oven with salt and pepper and olive oil!
  • Since doing the Keto diet in January I love bulletproof coffee but I don't do it everyday.  However, I really like heavy cream in my coffee.  SOOOO much better than half and half or sugar-y creamer!
PODCASTS/BOOKS

I think I've mentioned it before, but the Risen Motherhood podcast continues to be my favorite.  Their book is great too!  Follow them on IG (@risenmotherhood) for great resources all week long!


I'm currently reading "12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You" by Tony Reinke.  I have to take it slow, but it is SO GOOD!  I am implementing some practices to move away from my phone (though I never thought of myself as addicted, I am starting to wonder if we aren't all addicted to the screens) and into healthier habits.

I just received "Adore" by Sara Hagerty, but I haven't started reading it yet.  I know I won't be disappointed.  Sara is in my top 5 favorite authors, and her practice of adoration on IG is a daily favorite.

What are

Comments