Roundup of Easter Printables


I haven't always made Easter a big celebration.  Usually on Easter we pull out our new spring church outfits.  We always have a nice ham dinner.  But otherwise, Resurrection Sunday is a busy ministry day for our family.


Recognizing that celebrating Christ's resurrection is just as important, if not more important, than celebrating His birth, I have been trying to make an effort to make it a special family holiday.  Here are some things I am doing to accomplish this!

Sometimes our family celebrates Easter on Monday, when we can focus on it after the minsitry at church is completed.  I spread a nice table with tablecloth and our special dishes. I make a special menu.




Sometimes Ben puts together a rough cross and we nail our sins to it, as a visual picture of what Christ did on the cross.  Then we celebrate His resurrection, recognizing that He did not stay dead, but conquered death, the cross, and our sins.  This year we will do this on Thursday.  (We believe Christ was crucified on Thursday, not Friday.  Another story for another time.  This link may help).

Sometimes we use resurrection boxes for devotions leading up to Easter.  Similar to the Jesse Tree project, this is a visible object lesson on various parts of the Holy Week story to help my kids grasp it better.  It's similar to these Resurrection Eggs from Amazon.  I made my own from a tutorial like this one.

One other thing that makes Resurrection Sunday more special to me now is that I have loved ones waiting for me in heaven.  It is the resurrection of Christ that assures me their faith is not vain, and I will see them again.  The hope of the resurrection helps me not to miss them as much!


Comments