New Friends, Great Finds

We travelled to Massachusetts last weekend to be with Ben’s family.  His sister is home from her first semester of college at BJU, and his brother was off work for a week.  We had a great time together!

There were a couple of special treats in this trip for me.  First, I finally got to meet Amber Jones.  Amber’s parents are Pastor & Mrs. Neiner – from the church where Ben grew up and his parents are members.  I went to college with Amber’s brother Doug, and I know her brother John and his wife Erin pretty well.  But I had never met Amber. 

Amber and I have been stalking each other on Pinterest for a while.  I was so glad that she was in town when I was, so that we could hook up.  It was a quick visit, but it felt like I had known her for a long time.  We have many of the same interests.  Amber is the first “internet” friend that I have been able to meet in person too!

Andrea and Amber Neiner Jones

My second treat was hitting the thrift stores.  I have been pinning DIY ideas all over Pinterst, but I didn’t have the access to cheap and thrifty second hand items to make them work.  Ben and I left the kids with “Grandma Fezzi” (you can ask me about that story later), and headed out on our own. 

I didn’t have anything specific in mind, but I wanted to gather some supplies to have on hand for my next crafty moment.  I was pleased to find some new shoes, a grapevine wreath that I want to decorate for the spring, a picture frame to re-purpose, a basket, and a bread machine.

img_2824

The bread machine was my great bargain.  It looks nearly new, and was marked $9.99.  That is $2 less than I paid for my other thrift store bread machine, which is slowly dying.  When I got to the register, I found out it was a yellow tag item, making it 1/2 off!  The first loaf is baking now, but it seems to be working great!

img_2827

I hope to share some completed Pinterest projects with you sometime soon.  First I have to complete them!!!

Comments