Ta-Da!

Today I finally went and bought the wallpaper glue I needed, dug out the Wallies cut-outs, and set to finishing the wall décor in the baby’s room.  I’m so happy to have some color in there!  The green wall now sports a Beatrix Potter “border” mid-way up the wall.  I have rearranged the room, pulled out the baby gear, and cleaned everything.  Now Baby Hamilton can arrive anytime!  (Well…after June 6th would be best so that I can attend Kenny & Becky’s wedding!)

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERAThe angle makes my border look crooked, but I assure you it is not!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA  KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
These are part of my Beatrix Potter theme – the beanie babies were a gift for Elaine’s birth, and I made the wall quilt with a fabric remnant I found on Ebay.

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA  KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Just a glimpse of the rest of the room.  For those of you who don’t know, Ben made the crib.  It is definitely a unique, heirloom type piece.  I helped with the sanding (which me grateful that I am not a wood-worker by trade!)

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

While it is nothing special, and certainly not professional, I feel a little surge of pride in the completion of this project.  I painted for the first time.  I measured the wall and marked off my border with only minor “assistance” from Elaine.  Never having done wallpaper or any wall décor, I finished it “all by myself.”  I still want to stitch a basic valance for the window, but Mom is bringing the fabric to the wedding, so I can’t work on it yet.

Comments