Well…sort of. Today we made our last major purchase in preparation for baby’s arrival – a stroller. It is a major purchase that didn’t cost us a major amount. For several weeks I have been watching the Craigslist ads for a stroller in good condition at a reasonable price. Today I went and bought this stroller for $20. It hardly has any wear, the colors are neutral, and the price was fantastic!
A couple of weeks ago we received a wonderful gift from Ben’s Aunt Paula, Aunt Jennifer, and Grandma Hamilton – the car seat! We were able to find an extra car seat base on Craigslist for $5 to leave in the second car. Things will be much easier if we don’t have to move the base! Since we already had the car seat, I was searching for a stroller that would be compatible. The car seat easily snaps into the stroller to form a travel system.
When I brought the stroller home I pulled all of the pads off and washed them. Ben helped me reassemble the stroller. Then we opened the car seat and put it all together. I am pleased with several features of the stroller:
- The baby tray doesn’t scrape the ground when you collapse the stroller. I had read many reviews and this was a common complaint.
- The basket is easily accessible.
- It folds down with one hand – very easy!
- The child seat folds all the way flat, instead of just reclining. This was another complaint in many reviews.
- The sun-shade is adjustable to shade from the front or the back.
- It is a full-size stroller, and it is compatible with our car seat.
Ben sarcastically asked if I was going to put a baby doll in the car seat and practice carrying it around. Just because he didn’t think I would, I went and got my Molly doll and strapped her in! (Don’t worry…I’m not going to carry her around for practice!)